The Palmetto Masters Swim Team is the largest USMS team in South Carolina and is open to those 18 years of age and older interested in fitness and/or competitive swimming. All levels and abilities are welcome.
If you are interested in joing Palmetto Masters or if you will be visiting us from out of town and would like to practice at one of our locations, please click here to complete the registration Form. Note that our LTP location no longer allows visitors, but you are welcome to visit our other locations.
How much does it cost per year to be a member?
-You must be a registered USMS member for insurance purposes ($55/year).
-Our team dues are $50/year and $35/after September (team dues are waived for members 25 and under)
-A monthly pool fee applies (rate depends on the facility considered your "home-base")
Out of town visitor rates are $5 per practice and must be prepaid before attending.
Need info? Contact us at palmettomastersSC@gmail.com.
To promote fitness and health in adults by offering and supporting Palmetto Masters swimming.
* Provide consistent superior services to our members
* Provide certification, leadership tools, and continuing education to our coaches so as to enrich their coaching skills and success with Palmetto Masters Swimming
* Educate our members and the community at large about the benefits of swimming
* Actively seek to enrich as many lives as possible through our programs, recruitment, and member retention
What is the Palmetto Master’s Mentoring Program?
Plan A- Our goal is to identify those seniors leaving programs to swim in college. You will be paired up with someone who has attended the same school or maybe works in your same career choice. Having someone who has been where you are or who has contacts to where you want to be can certainly make the journey smoother.
Plan B- Maybe you are not leaving the area for school but also not ready to quit swimming completely. Palmetto Masters can become a familiar place for you at a point in your life when everything you have ever known is about to change. Swimming has been such a structured part of your lives over the years. Sudden elimination of this can feel liberating at first, but once you are settled into your new routine, swimming can be a comfortable place to return.
For more information on becoming part of our program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at www.palmettomasters.org for more information on our team and practice times.
Once you register for the Palmetto Masters Mentoring Program, you will have access to us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. You will also be added to our monthly electronic newsletter!
We hope to hear from you!!
* To encourage and promote improved physical fitness and health in adults
* To offer adults the opportunity to participate in lifelong fitness and/or competitive swimming
* To encourage fellowship and camaraderie among Palmetto Masters swimmers
* To propose direction and support water related initiatives/programs in our community to benefit our relationships outside of team membership